Friday, December 10, 2010

Double Happiness

I've done it again, hopefully better this time. This design was inspired by my colleagues, who are disproportionately Chinese, and by my interest in all things Asian--both Eastern and Southern. Yu-Hui, one of these wonderful colleagues, kindly wrote "double happiness" for me, which I scanned, uploaded, and played with in Photoshop. Though my language is pretty solidly English, I've noticed that other cultures and languages aren't often represented by the many American card companies. I've also noticed that people in the States come from everywhere. So it seems appropriately fitting to have at least some options for different cultural heritages.

And while Minted.com is not taking votes at the moment,
moment, they are taking critiques. So please critique
away, and when the time comes, vote!

1 comment:

  1. I love this one. I love its simplicity and the background color complements the blues perfectly. And of course, I love that you notice things like culture not being represented by American card companies. We should start a multi-cultural card company... Just sayin'. Love it.

    ReplyDelete