Sunday, November 27, 2011

Good Tidings and Cheer

Christmas is my favorite time of year. The merriment. The cheer. The use of my favorite colors on everything. The glowing lights. The family time. It's everything, I'm sure. From November until January 1st, every year, I'm in a perpetual state of stressful happiness. True to form, I have been this year also.

While I send out designed, picture-focused Christmas cards, I still crave to make things by hand. So I did. I made the sentiment ("good tidings and cheer" + shape) in Illustrator, printed them on luxuriously thick card stock, and cut out the shape using tiny scissors. After the 2D layers were placed, I stuck the sentiments on the cards with some sturdy pop-up tape so that the effect was 3D.



1 comment:

  1. You are so ridiculously talented!! You don't have an Etsy shop yet, do you?

    ReplyDelete