Sunday, December 18, 2011

Black, White, & Turquoise Christmas Gift Tags

The Play Date Cafe is hosting a color challenge where the colors are black, white, & a splash of turquoise. I instantly thought of typography, and with Christmas a week away, gift tags seemed most appropriate.

I designed the text in Illustrator, using inspiration from a stamp from PaperTreyInk's Holiday Photo Finishers and a saying from someecards.com. After I designed and printed the tags, I added some turquoise accents and backed the tags in black glitter or music notes. For some people stamping is easier. For me, making the sentiment myself is more fun and personal--and most importantly: cheaper. I'm a big fan of using what I have, and I have a printer.

Paper Goodies:

A.Muse Washi Tape
Recollections Glitter Tape
Black glitter paper

Fonts:

Arabic Typesetting
CK Ali Edward's Hand
Currency
Baskerville Old Face
Bebas Neue
Hill House
---
Bebas Neue
---

FFF Tusj Bold



5 comments:

  1. Great use of what YOU have! Love this idea... very creative, very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! Especially that first one! It is beautiful!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect, Julie! I love the splash of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a smarty! Love the text and glitter. Such a perfect take on the color challenge... and I love that you thought of typography... your idea was translated perfectly. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Play Date Cafe... Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin' all those fabulous fonts and your glittery strip! Great take on the color story! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete