Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Boston Summer in 3 layouts

Before I moved here, I visited. I stayed with Tom and his family all summer, and when we'd have visitors, we'd go into the city. Must-sees on a visit to Boston: Red Sox game, Green Monster, Cambridge, Boston Commons and Gardens, Museum of Science. Once you've done these, then go exploring the other stuff. And visit during the Summer or Fall: July - October. The weather is atrocious the rest of the year.

These are 3 very different layouts. The first, I use a grid and a frame. The second, is a single picture with a cluster. The third focuses on the title.


The grid & frame:
Narrowing down the pictures could have been difficult, but these were easily my favorites. I decided which pictures I wanted to leave full sized and cut the rest down to fit the grid. Then there is matting: white, red, and blue. I added tickets, passes, etc as embellishments on the side.

I love a good grid.
Navy and red Bazzill Basics paper.
Red Recollections glitter paper
Jolee's boutique stickers: Boston
Newspaper-looking paper: Writing by Creative Imaginantion


The single & cluster:
I choose a 5x7 portrait image, matted and centered it. A vertical layout shows action, and a horizontal line shows gravity and peace. So I clustered at the horizontal line since the story is him relaxing at a fire pit. Adding a second, lower cluster moves the eye diagonally through the journaling. The circle is there to give balance and pull the eyes back up to the image.

Paper: Cosmo Cricket: Ginger (Cerca 1934), Wednesday (Girl Friday);
and Basic Gray: Jovial pomegranate
Journal card: ELE805 Social Club Elements by Cosmo Cricket.
Fun & I'm lucky: EcoModern die cuts by K&Company
Glitter paper by Recollections
Ribbon from a bag from Anthropologie
Fabric Brad: Wild Saffron by K&Company
Washi tape: Amuse


The Title Focus:
Here I used pictures as the frame and accents and used them to highlight the title and journaling. I masked a rectangle before I spritzed to add an extra layer of interest.

Paper: khaki and checked scraps;
Laugh and happy: EcoModern die cuts by K&Company
Circle punch
SmoochSPRITZ

2 comments:

  1. I dont know who that handsome guy at the fire is, but he sure is handsome...

    ReplyDelete