Friday, December 16, 2011

ColourQ Christmas Colors

The ColourQ challenge this week is very Christmas-y but outside of my box. This color choice reminds me so much of how my sister decorates for Christmas: curly with polka-dots, texture, pink, lime & pine green, and red. I channeled my inner sister and ran with it.



Here is my scrapbook page + detail from our Christmas last year. I'm a big fan of grids used on layouts. They make things cleaner, simpler, and prettier (in my opinion). But they are especially useful if you have a short story or are lacking for inspiration. A grid almost always helps!


Left page of the 2 page spread



Details from the two-page spread (2nd page not shown)

The chipboard embellishments were from October Afternoon;
 Paper by BoBunny, Susan Branch Art Impressions Inc for Colorbok, Doodlebug Designs, Inc;  
Twine is "Lime Twist" by My Mind's Eye



7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Julie!

    I LOVE OA!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing layouts! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great layout! The October Afternoon embellies work perfectly with the challenge. TFS! And thank you for your sweet comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely page, Julie, great layout. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week and Happy Holidays to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome layout! Thanks for playing along with us at the colourQ this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your LO - and you are right a grid LO is always quick and easy! Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete