Monday, January 9, 2012

Out in French Press Vintage

One of my goals over the past year has been to take better photos. A very big part of this is editing. I use Photoshop. Photoshop Elements works perfectly too. In the pictures below, Tom took the ones of me. I took the others.

For the color photos, I used Maggie Holmes' Cool Mix Action Set which works phenomenally with bricks. The originals were lovely, but a bit drab. To make up for my point-and-shoot camera skills, I sharpened the images of us using the "Sharp Smarten" tool. I left the background blurry. Once that was done, I ran the Urban Cool action. It required 3 or 4 steps per picture.

For the picture of both of us, a basic gradient tool--set to gray and white instead of black and white--gave the picture an airy feel. Once coloring was done, I added a nod to Cole Porter and a vertical line. I played around with size and placement until it felt right.



Of note, I began taking these pictures because I wanted to show off the new green top from my friend who has a lovely vintage shop, French Press Vintage [blog here; etsy shop here]. She keeps track of her customers and loves having pictures of them "out in vintage." {Go look--you'll see.} Her shop is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I'm totally hooked! The prices are very affordable, and the goodies are delightful!

4 comments:

  1. Headed to check out her Etsy shop shortly. Thanks for sharing. Photoshop scares me. Did you have any prior experience with it? Also, planning on emailing you back this afternoon! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see the before photoshop pics so we can see the difference photoshop can make. These are awesome btw! I love the green color of the shirt.

    ReplyDelete