Monday, March 5, 2012

Baby Boy Pinwheel Card

A friend of mine has officially announce the birth of her adorable son through a VERY cute announcement card. Being a flight and a drive away, I wasn't down south for any of her showers and other fun mom-to-be celebrations, but I am going to sending her a card with good cheer inside.

I wanted something playful and boyish. A navy blue gingham pinwheel seemed perfect (and goes along with the Cure for the Winter Blues Moxie Fab Challenge). I kept the rest simple with more blue and accented with a paper from Studio Calico's Classic collection. (Have you seen it? Be still my heart!) The smily face went on there because I just couldn't resist. I've known this woman since I was born. She gets a smiley face.

Materials: Letterset by Studio Calico (Brown Pinwheels and Vertical Stripe), Cream Woodgrain by Coredinations (stick), navy and blue paper are > 10 and 5 years old respectively, Jolee's smiley sticker

7 comments:

  1. So cute! Lovely,happy pinwheel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card s so cute, love the smiley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card! Love the pinwheel. : ) (And the smiley face!) BTW, thanks for leaving a comment on my card! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet card! The smiley face really makes it :-) Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pinwheel! Brightens up my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Julie! Thanks for linking this up to the Cure for the Winter Blues Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a FUN card. Love the pinwheel and the pretty papers.

    ReplyDelete