Tuesday, April 24, 2012

4th of July DoublePage Layout

I'm starting to gear up for summer. Perhaps it's a bit to early, but I'm starting to plan my summer trips back home to good ol' South Carolina. Gosh, I miss the heat. And Hillbilly day's got heat. Sticky, sticky heat. Which, frankly, is what the 4th of July should feel like.

This page is a little kitschy, but so is Hillbilly Day.  

Materials: Map paper is Road Trip by Reminisce; Grid paper is Peachy Keen/Cool Cat by American Crafts; Embellishments are "American Made" by My Mind's Eye; Font is Sail; Sketch Template from Simple Scrapper's Premium Membership

 Note: Before my family freaks out, I should clarify that Hillbilly day and the
mountain house are in Mountain Rest. Walhalla is where my granddad grew up.

The Premium Membership at Simple Scrapper provides skills and shortcuts to help you simplify and find more meaning in your memory keeping.

2 comments:

  1. hillbilly day? I had to look it up. pole sliding contest?? eek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. greased pole climbing contest--the trick to winning is to wait until all the other people have rubbed off all the grease.

      Delete