Saturday, April 28, 2012

CKC Manchester 2012

It's CKC Machester time, and I went!


The Shopping: description and goodies

It was my first Scrapbooking conference, and it was loads of fun. Mainly for the shopping, but the people were wonderful too.  

The 2 big shopping vendors were s.e.i. Crafts and Embellish It! (class review below). Embellish It! was the ONLY vendor in the entire place to sell basic, solid Bazzill Basics cardstock. S.E.I. was having a super sale, and their stuff was superb and cheap. One place sold loads of fibers and ribbons. Another exhibitor sold inks. There were several places with just stamps. One just for washi tape. One sold October Afternoon and Amy Tangerine items. Loads of quirky places sold scrapbook die cuts. That only begins to cover it. I was there for hours.



Right at the entry to the Vendor Faire

Some of my new stash


2012 Latest and Greatest with Basic Grey: description and review

The only class I took was the 2012 Latest and Greatest with Basic Grey class. There were 100-300 people taking it. Only about a dozen of us were new students. The teacher, Shelby, was adorable and energetic. She started the class saying that people either love it or hate it.  That seemed an exaggeration to me. I loved her. The examples weren't my favorite, which was a shame, since they give you the paper pre-cut. This is what they were guiding us to create:



As you can see, the layouts were not really my style, so I kinda went my own direction based on the pictures I brought and the colors in/papers from the layouts. 

Apparently most people don't bring their own pictures. I did because a) I didn't know people didn't and b) I can't imagine making a scrapbook page without knowing which pictures I will use. For me, it's all about the pictures! It seems rather silly to me to just paste pictures on pre-made pages. That's not personal or artistic at all. But to each their own. It seemed tons of people loved it. And I would take the class again: it was a lot of fun, the women around me were delightful, funny, and super nice, and it was a real challenge to come up with 4 (ok, 3) original pages in an hour based on the papers and supplies.

So, what did I do in an hour with their pictures, supplies, and instructions? These:

1.           . 


2.


3. 

                                         4.    I didn't do this one.


I like to break the rules. More to come later!! It's nap time!

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment