Saturday, May 26, 2012

Simple Scrapper June Layout

Three of the June layouts are for 3.5x5 pictures. Jennifer Wilson's goal was for us to pull out our old pictures and be a little nostalgic. Yes, please!


I pulled up an old family 3.5x5 of my parents for this one. They were sooo young! Other than knowing they were young, no one could figure out when the picture was taken. So I guessed based on the wallpaper and kitchen set up that it was after I was born (knowing they have always looked young) and went ahead writing my thoughts on the page. Oops. Turns out I was wrong. (I'll fix it later.) The story's the same though.

Aldridge-single2-June.jpg_600x600_b

Materials: Paper: Bazzill Basics, American Crafts, Studio Calico; "Delight" Flower: American Crafts; Brad: Basic Grey; Thickers: Amy Tangerine/AC; Alpha stickers: Prima; Sketch: Simple Scrapper Premium Membership
My color choices were based on 2 things: photo discoloration and the time. 


1.  Old pictures tend to have discoloration. In spite of the popularity of instagram, I don't really like discoloration or vintage looks. I like pictures to represent the truth. So I hid the blue discoloration by using peachy colors around it. That way, the peach in the picture is brought out. If I had used a blue, the picture would have looked even bluer that it is. 


2. I like pictures to represent the feel of the story and be accurate to the times. This picture is of young love, romance, and a couple in the seventies or maybe eighties. Thus, sticking to floral and pastel seemed safe. 






The Premium Membership at Simple Scrapper provides skills and shortcuts to help you simplify and find more meaning in your memory keeping.

2 comments:

  1. is that your handwriting? its pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wida! It is my handwriting. It's gotten loopier over the years.

      Delete